About Me

My photo
Seoul, South Korea
A novice writer trying to re-assemble the words and think whether it changes their meaning.....

Monday, February 21, 2011

Modern culture

Every morning when I take my first step out..
wondering why do people shout...

smartly dressed, in a hurry, and a tag is the usual picture
they don't even have time to throw a good gesture..

multi nationals is where they work..
with handsome salary and lot of perks

life is busy.. life is fast...
very soon people even forget about the blast..

I feel its monotonous and I want to depart..
but I have too become an inseperable part...

people say we are developing... we are growing..
but I say we are just following...

we are improving in quality
but what is needed is originality..

now thats something which we indian's really lack..
like a beautiful glass with a crack..

work work and work is the new culture
on top of that we cripple our minds with shares and debenture

very rare are those people who like what they pursue
everyone knows this fact at heart, but nobody dares to be true

humanity is waning and the colors are fading
people are more worried about their grading

apprehension and fear leads only to descent
leave the future and captivate the present

"carpe diem" should be the motto of life
which will make you happy and bring the real you to life

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one.

We are just become machines in this age of mad race working and running all the time without thinking what are our wants and likes.

Neha Gupta said...

Wonderful poem on the times of today.

DJ said...

@Rachit: thats exactly what I wanted to say.... I think we have moved so ahead in this world that we have forgotten being human, we miss lots of moments to make us happy or to make someone happy...
People should start thinking backwards.......
@Neha: Thanks for the appreciation. I am new to writing... :)

smiling soul said...

wow!!
superb writing with rhythm..
excellent thought of concept very natural...& its fact indeed ...

keep writing & smiling :)

DJ said...

Thanks for the appreciation sowmya...!!!

People like you give me motivation to write.... :)